Calm Canine Class
Does your dog lunge at other dogs while walking on a leash? Bark as other dogs pass by? Maybe pulls you along to chase squirrels, bicycles or skateboards? This class is tailored for your dog's needs. You will learn techniques to keep your dog safe and below threshold while your dog learns to stay calm in distracting situations.
In Calm Canine class, your dog will learn to modify their behaviors and respond more appropriately. Your dog will learn to look forward to other dogs approaching because good things happen when they do. One of the goals of this class is to modify how your dog thinks about things they previously found overly exciting or worrisome. You will learn management techniques and strategies to help keep your dog calm and prevent the behavior from getting worse. Calm Canine is appropriate for dogs who pull, lunge and/or bark towards other dogs while on leash. This class does not address aggression directed towards people or children or dogs fighting with other dogs. If your dog falls into one of these other categories, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an alternative to taking this class.
- Prerequisites: None
- Length: This class meets for one hour, once per week for six weeks.
- Cost: $195 plus CT sales tax
What you need to bring to class:
- A hungry dog!
- A clicker
- A few different types of treats that your dog finds rewarding. They should be soft, small (think "pea" sized) and a little stinky
- Optional: A mat for your dog to relax on
- Optional: a frozen Kong or chew to keep your dog busy when it is not their turn