Puppy Start Right
Puppy Start Right unpacks behavioral concepts such as jumping on people and nipping as well as trains foundational obedience skills. During this class series, your puppy will learn sit, down, stay, leave-it come when called as well as focus and attention behaviors. Your puppy will experience different textures, sights and sounds, building a well-socialized puppy. The goal of this class is to get a foundation in place for a lifetime of good behavior.
Each series is 6 weeks long, meeting once per week, with the first class being a people-only orientation. Your puppy will need to stay home.
- Prerequisites: Pups need to be 9 weeks to 20 weeks old at the beginning of this class series
- Length: This class meets for one hour, once per week for six weeks. The first session is a people-only orientation, your puppy will need to stay home.
- Cost: $145 plus CT sales tax
What you need to bring to class:
- A hungry dog!
- A clicker (clickers provided during first class)
- A few different types of treats that your dog finds rewarding. They should be soft, small (think "pea" sized) and a little stinky
- Optional: A mat for your dog to relax on