Rally Dog Class
As stated on the AKC Rally page, "Think of an AKC Rally® event as any team sport: You and your dog navigate a course, side-by-side, as you steer him through a course of 10-20 different signs. Each of these signs provides instructions regarding the next skill that is to be performed. The dog and handler move continuously throughout the course with the dog under control at the handler’s left side. There is a clear sense of teamwork between the dog and handler both during and between the numbered signs. Although each performance is timed, having a good race time is not the goal; it’s all about working as a team while performing the skills, with the dog under control."
- Prerequisites: Family Dog Intermediate skills or equivalent experience
- Length: This class meets for one hour, once per week for six weeks.
- Cost: $145 plus CT sales tax
What you need to bring to class:
- A clicker
- A few different types of treats that your dog finds rewarding. They should be soft, small (think "pea" sized) and a little stinky
- Optional: A mat for your dog to relax on